Agile & Sustainability
Exploring together with Claudia Melo how Agility can be leveraged to make the world a better environmental, social & economic place.
Our work is based on the United Nations calls on their Agenda 2030 for reaching 17 sustainable development goals. These goals are focusing on the following three areas, as defined also by the Triple Bottom Line:
– Social (People): Aiming on ending poverty
– Environmental (Planet): Protecting the planet
– Economic (Profit): Improving the lives & prospects of everyone, everywhere
Agile 2021 (USA), online, July 19-22, 2021
– Keynote as co-presentation & conversation with Gabrielle Benefield & Alistair Cockburn on Sustainable Disruption, Where We Go From Here on July 19 at 15.15 CEST | 9:15am EDT | 6:15am PDT
– Workshop co-presented with Claudia Melo on What’s the Impact of the Agile Manifesto on our Carbon Footprint? on July 20 at 13.10 CEST | 7:10am EDT
eXperience Agile 2021 online, September 28-29, 2021
– Talk on Company-wide Agility with Beyond Budgeting, Open Space & Sociocracy on September 28 at 15.00 CEST | 9am EDT | 6am PDT
– Workshop co-presentation with Claudia Melo on What’s the Impact of the Agile Manifesto on our Carbon Footprint? on September 28 at 16.00 CEST | 10am EDT | 7am PDT
Links to articles & recordings
– Focusing on the social aspect in a co-presentation of Jutta & Maryse Meinen on Real Cross-functional Teams for Creating real and better Products (video recording) presented at the Agile Camp Berlin 2021 on May 27.
– How Software Impacts our Planet. With Robby Russell in the Maintainable Software Podcast.
– Sustainability: Key to Success. Blog post published by Agile Alliance
– Ethical Decisions in a Wicked World: the Role of Technologists, Entrepreneurs, and Organizations. By Claudia Melo published by infoQ.
– Sustainability: Delivering Agility’s Promise (pre-printed draft), chapter in Software Sustainability edited by Coral Calero et.al and published by Springer International Publishing, 2021 (still in production)